Michele Redmond – Chef Dietitian Nutritionist
Making food the solution through cooking, mindful tasting and food enjoyment.
Michele Redmond, a French-trained chef and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Michele directs The Taste Workshop which teaches how taste, food culture, and cooking improves health and enjoyment of life.
Michele’s Short Story of Food
I refused cook. My mom was an amazing cook, so I couldn’t blame her. In my mid-twenties I figured out cooking didn’t suck, instead it was an easy and fun way to bring people together and build community.
After grad school, my full-time job was as a health economist, but cooking developed into a catering side job and teaching cooking professionally. I went back to school to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist to better blend culinary skills and nutrition science to share how good tasting food, a happy eating culture and good health intersect.
Culinary Nutrition Cooking Classes Taught
Key Culinary Events
- Taught cooking in a hospital-based diabetes center for 4+ years
- Completed a culinary diplome at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris
- Worked in multiple types of kitchens and as research chef
- Completed a diplome from the Haute du Goût de la Gastronomie (Higher studies of taste and gastronomy) in France
- Taught culinary nutrition and cooking for a culinary school, college and university
- Chef Instructor invitée Le Cordon Bleu, Paris For Culinary Nutrition Taste Workshops
Chef Competition & Demo
Teaching at the Art Institute
Teaching at Le Cordon Bleu Paris
Health Care & Corporate Wellness
Michele started her career as a health economist who loved figuring out how to deliver the best healthcare possible to people whether through public programs, small business or corporations. She has lead health care operations managing physician networks and hospital systems for large healthcare providers and insurers.
Michele also enjoyed directing a medical center for a medical school and managed worksite wellness and chronic disease management programs for corporations including AMEX, Motorola, GM, Honeywell and America West.
Michele has diplomas from programs at:
- Arizona State University
- Florida State University
- University of Arizona
- Le Cordon Bleu, Paris
- Hautes Etudes du Goût (Advanced Studies of Taste with the University of Reims and Le Cordon Bleu.)