Date(s) - September 19 2017
5:45 pm - 8:15 pm
Culinary Nutrition Demo and Vinegar Taste Workshop
Life’s sweet and sour, so let’s embrace how vinegar brightens foods and can improve health.
In this vinegar taste workshop, we’ll explore health fermented vinegar myths and facts (including the microbiome) and flavorful fast ways it improves food and cooking options.
Sauces, Brighteners, Balancers: Tasting Event
- Taste a variety of vinegars and evaluate how they change and balance flavor profiles of various foods
- Review savory and sweet vinegar sauces and hot and cold vinegar uses as quick sauces
- Learn about foods made in different styles using vinegar as sauces for braised veggies, fish, and poultry, as savory and sweet gastriques, vinegar tea and a variety of vinegar shots.
Eating Well & Tasty Tips:
- Discuss the basics of the microbiome (how your gut impacts your health)
- Review health myths and facts of vinegar and metabolism, “detoxing”, weight management and blood glucose control
- Review nutritional differences of fermented vinegars
- Get tips on flavor balancing and salt perception changes
Vinegar Nutrition Workshop Dates & Sign-up
- 5:45 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. on Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Class limited to 8 people
- Kitchen location: South Scottsdale (details available upon registration)
- Course cost includes recipes and tastings that are the equivalent of a dinner: $65
- For more information or to register & *ask about a buddy rate: Email via: contact link here