Date(s) - October 3 2017
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Le Cordon Bleu
Culinary Nutrition Vinegar Workshop:
Better Flavors, Textures and Health
Tasting Event & Culinary Nutrition Cooking Demo
at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris
Vinegar is a powerful culinary tool but common pantry ingredient that elevates flavors, improves food textures and can offer health benefits. This vinegar workshop includes culinary demonstrations and you’ll sample a variety of vinegars, foods and beverages that benefit from vinegar for flavor layering or garnitures.
Culinary Vinegar Techniques:
- Improve textures without killing colors
- Modify salt perception & balance tastes
- Acid-flavor boosting & layering tips–no bland foods!
- Store & heat (avoid “irritastes”!)
- Using flavored, fermented & non-fermented options
Vinegar Tasting Activities & Health:
- Vinegar “shots” tastings
- Flavored? Fermented? Aged? What’s the deal?
- Why sour foods are delicious!
- The effect on metabolism and weight
Demo & Recipes
Taste & get recipes for foods such as vinegar teas and cocktails, quick sauces for fish, poultry, veggies and dessert, sweet-sour-spicy veggie garnitures or pickles and more
Date & Registration for WICE & Le Cordon Bleu Students
- Tuesday, October 3, 2017
- Class registration for WICE members through the WICE website
- Class registration Le Cordon Bleu students and alumni TBA
- Location: Le Cordon Bleu, Paris (Map below)