Marmalade Apple Chutney
Marmalade apple ginger chutney on sandwiches or tartines.
Here’s a tartine with the chutney, Italian Spring red onions, crispy slab-smoked bacon and melty, gooey cassarrigoni tallegio cheese.
- ¾ cup of low sugar marmalade
- 1 medium sized gala or red delicious apple, peeled and diced (about ½ cup diced)
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Few pinches red chile flakes (ginger provides the primary heat)
- ¼ teaspoon Indonesian ground cinnamon (Ceylon works also)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (red wine or cider vinegar can substitute)
- [b]Fast non-traditional method: [/b]Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Taste, adjust as needed. Enjoy. [br][br]
- [b]Cooked method[/b]: Mix all ingredients together and either cook in a sauce pot on low heat until apples are soft or carefully microwave in a bowl until apples are soft. Taste, adjust as needed. Enjoy. Refrigerate unused portions in a tightly covered container for up to 3 days.
It's about Making Food First
Get Taste Workshop periodic updates on easy ways to choose and cook foods that satisfy your appetite, nurture your body and make eating well a pleasure.