Serves 6 as a complete meal with the pasta option A delicious mix of tangy, spicy and savory ingredients makes Puttanesca sauce (sugo alla puttanesca) a meal-time habit that can be made from your pantry. This popular Italian sauce commonly pairs with pasta but...
Marmalade Apple Chutney
Marmalade apple ginger chutney on sandwiches or tartines.
Here’s a tartine with the chutney, Italian Spring red onions, crispy slab-smoked bacon and melty, gooey cassarrigoni tallegio cheese.
- ¾ cup of low sugar marmalade
- 1 medium sized gala or red delicious apple, peeled and diced (about ½ cup diced)
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Few pinches red chile flakes (ginger provides the primary heat)
- ¼ teaspoon Indonesian ground cinnamon (Ceylon works also)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (red wine or cider vinegar can substitute)
- [b]Fast non-traditional method: [/b]Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Taste, adjust as needed. Enjoy. [br][br]
- [b]Cooked method[/b]: Mix all ingredients together and either cook in a sauce pot on low heat until apples are soft or carefully microwave in a bowl until apples are soft. Taste, adjust as needed. Enjoy. Refrigerate unused portions in a tightly covered container for up to 3 days.
“Let’s grill tonight” translates to “let’s eat meat tonight” in many backyard BBQs. It’s not surprising since grilled meat products create hundreds of complex aroma and flavor compounds. Grilled vegetables create less of these craveable compounds but develop delicious...
Making chili should be an easy, homemade treat, but chili competitions and throwdowns can make it feel like it should be Instagram-ble or complex. Typically meat is central to chili, yet this tempeh chili is a contest contender for a comforting, satisfying homecooked...
French-trained Chef, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist & Food Enjoyment Activist
It's about Making Food First
Get Taste Workshop periodic updates on easy ways to choose and cook foods that satisfy your appetite, nurture your body and make eating well a pleasure.